Catie Voorhies is a former camper at Lake Gloria. We were impressed with her testimony and she graciously has allowed us to share it with you.
"
I
grew up in a Christian family that was based on biblical principles. I was
introduced to Christ at a young age, and I believe that I understood my
salvation to the best of my ability. My walk with the Lord has gone through
many stages and a lot of maturation since then. I went through a time of
rebellion and darkness for three years (junior year of high school till
freshman year of college), and was revived from it about a year and a half ago
when I spent a month volunteering at Young Life camp. Through this time I knew
the Lord but was not walking with him and was disobedient to his commands for
my life. Romans 5:20 say that where sin increased, grace increased all the
more. I have seen this promise worked out in my life. My sin left me shameful
and scared, but Christ gave me more grace than I could have imagined. His grace
drew me to my knees and I decided that he would forever have my life and heart.
I decided to make major changes in my life and moved to Steamboat Springs, CO
to give myself more time alone with the Father, and to let him do whatever he
wanted to do with my heart and my life. I spent a year getting to know who God is
and who I am through him. I then spent time volunteering in Uganda, where I
felt the Lord leading me to go to Colorado Christian University. My
relationship with the Lord is now one of great love and intimacy, rather than
one of rules and habits. I have fully devoted my life to bringing glory to the
Lord and showing others the amazing grace and love that He generously pours
over us. I now have seen my desperate need for Jesus and look to him to tell me
who I am rather than to the world. God has been drastically changing me and
molding me into who he wants me to be for the last year and a half. Each day He
is revealing himself to me. Recently he has been revealing the intimacy he
desires with each of his children that we so often forget he intended for us.
It has been amazing to see where His hand has been throughout my whole life and
how He has now brought me to where I am today! "