Welcome to the SB2W50 Blog

This blog is here for you, the Summer's Best Two Weeks camper, to continue to grow in Christ throughout the year. We invite you to join the G3 Revolution and compete to the glory of God. We hope that you will find the weekly devos, videos, and other posts helpful in staying strong in your faith the other 50 weeks out of the year. Remember "The Glory Goes to God".

Friday, October 19, 2012

How did you wake up this morning?


“At this I awoke and looked, and my sleep was pleasant to me.”  Jeremiah 31:26

Did you wake up tired and groggy this morning or did you wake up refreshed?  On any given day I can wake up feeling so many different ways.  Sometimes I wake up dreading the day, filled with anxieties about the hours ahead.  Other times I wake up soul weary from the difficulties of life.  There are those days too that I wake up filled  with anticipation, excited about the day.  Some days I am energized, eager to tackle the day’s plans.  How about you?  What was the state of your soul as you woke up this morning?

As we look at Jeremiah’s statement, the question that begs to be answered is:  What was it that he looked at that caused his sleep to be so pleasant to him?  I don’t know about you, but I want to know what it was, and I want to see the same thing he did.  I want to wake up as Jeremiah did on that morning.

 
All we have to do to answer this question is look at the verses before v. 26.  Open your Bible to Jeremiah 31 and take a look.  Begin with the previous verse (v. 25).  Then read Jeremiah 31:10-26.  What was it that caused Jeremiah to wake up so pleasantly?  What did he hear from God?  As you read it what do you hear God saying to you?

Look for tomorrow’s blog post for the continuation of this devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment