"For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the [word] of God. You need milk, not solid food, for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child." Hebrews 5:12-13
Are you teaching the word of God to anyone? How well do you know the basics of the word of God? If you had to share the gospel clearly with someone today...how would you do? How about the word of righteousness, do you got skills?
These are pretty convicting questions. I recently had to write an autobiographical sketch in which I explained that it was not until college that I really became Biblically literate. The big change for me was when I was introduced to really good Bible teaching. I heard a tape of Pastor Tom Nelson preaching from Denton, TX. I was hooked. I began "eating this milk". As I grew I became better able to handle even more solid food, in other words deeper and deeper stuff from God's Word. Pastor Nelson was so good at explaining the Bible in a way that made sense to me and in a way I could apply to my life. Can I encourage you to find your own Tom Nelson. Let me give you some suggestions: 1. Look at the right side margin of the blog, there are some dynamic pastors there that you can listen to. 2. Find our citikidz director, Timotheus Pope on Vimeo. He's dynamic and you'll learn a ton. 3. Most importantly, read your Bible yourself. As you have questions, email your counselors from this summer. They'll enjoy hearing from you and the questions will challenge them too.

No comments:
Post a Comment