"When I am afraid I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid." Psalm 56:3-4
There is no "if". "When I am afraid" is the statement. We all deal with fears. We can call it anxiety, worry, fretting, panic, distress. Whatever we call it, it boils down to us being afraid. What I love about this verse is it tells us exactly what to do when we have these feelings. Its a very practical verse. Put your trust in God. When you are tempted to be overwhelmed by feelings of fear, open your Bible and remember who God is, remember His promises, remember His power and control. He is not up in Heaven biting his fingernails. Trust Him. Pray and commit yourself to him. Give up all your fears to Him, because He cares for you. (I Peter 5:7)
No comments:
Post a Comment