Welcome to the SB2W50 Blog

This blog is here for you, the Summer's Best Two Weeks camper, to continue to grow in Christ throughout the year. We invite you to join the G3 Revolution and compete to the glory of God. We hope that you will find the weekly devos, videos, and other posts helpful in staying strong in your faith the other 50 weeks out of the year. Remember "The Glory Goes to God".

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What is your standard? A Devo from Ezekiel 22


I was in the car the other day and I was enjoying the radio.  After a little while listening I started to become more aware of what I was listening to.  It did not take long before I became more and more convicted that I should change the station or just shut the radio off.  It was not that I was listening to something particularly bad, but that I was not listening to something that was especially good for me.  If I wanted my heart to be right with God and in a healthy and strong state I knew I should not be filling it with this music I had on. 
In Ezekiel 22:26 it says, “They (the Israelites) have made no distinction between the holy (godly) and the common, neither have they taught the difference between the unclean and the clean.”  I’m convinced that too often we make this same mistake.  We do not make clear distinctions in our lives of what is best for us, we just get wrapped up in whatever it is that is set before our eyes and ears.  Instead we should have a standard.  We should seek out what is holy, good, and right and let those things be our daily bread. 
So what is your standard today?  Are you seeking to make distinctions as regards what is best to expose yourself to?  Or, are you just conforming to the culture?  I think  two great questions to ask yourself as you listen and watch is, “Is this beneficial to me?” and “Is this drawing me nearer to God or distracting me from Him?”